Giving away prizes on twitch is one way to get more viewers into your stream! However, simply offering a prize up can be tricky. How do you get value to your stream that matches the prize you are giving away? If you are giving away a $60 dollar game, but only 3 people enter and nobody follows your stream, it won’t be a great long term plan!
- Increases traffic and likely hood your stream will be shared by other community members
- You get a chance to “call your viewers to action”
- Viewers get a chance to be rewarded with relevant prizes just for watching
- Can actually cost you money if not done correctly
- Can bring in crazy people just looking for free giveaways
- Can come off as “sketchy” if not done properly or honestly